A journey to discover the people who change our world.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

So, how are you finding them?

It is an obvious question, and I have been getting asked it a lot. The answer is, in many ways.

There are a few global networks which connect and support leading social entrepreneurs around the world. One such network is Ashoka, another The Skoll Foundation and another the Schwab Foundation; each enterprising initiatives in their own right. Through these organisations I have had introductions, and the word spreads. I’ve also had some great support from the Omidyar Network, an online forum which promotes social change issues. From connections there, I have met some interesting individuals, and had offers of places to stay all around the world.

Word of mouth has also been a powerful connector. I get to a city. Meet one or two individuals who I initially planned to interview, ask them for recommendations, do some more research, and soon there is a flurry of opportunities.

It reminds me a little of a game of dominoes. Once the initial pieces are in place, the first push leads to momentum which carries the game through.

Let the games, well, continue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home